CARAVAN AND TRAILER TYPE APPROVAL
The Road Vehicle Standards Act (RVSA) will commence on 1 July 2021. Manufacturers and importers of more than 4 light trailers per year will have a 12-month transitional period to become fully operational under the RVSA by 30 June 2022 at the latest.
There are 4 essential steps in becoming RVSA compliant:
STEP 1 – Type Approval
- Identify applicable ADRs for the trailers you provide to market
- Obtain evidence of compliance or supporting documentation for each applicable ADR (ie: CTA, EU certification, engineering/test reports)
- See below for further information
STEP 2 – Conformity of Production
- Show adequate control over all stages of design, components and manufacture of the trailers you provide to market
- Have a Quality Management System (QMS) in place
- Store and have access to 7 years of supporting documentation
STEP 3 – Registration
- Create an account in ROVER (ROad VEhicle Regulator)
- Apply for Trailer Type Approval (from 1 July 2021)
- Register for the RAV (Register of Approved Vehicles) (from 1 July 2021)
STEP 4 – Start RAV Entries
- Enter details of all new trailers produced/imported onto the RAV, including (from the date your Type Approval becomes effective, after 1 July 2021 and before 30 June 2022)
OKAJARO Caravan and Trailer Type Approval
Our Type Approval system is specifically designed to help small to medium size trailer manufacturers/importers demonstrate compliance with applicable ADRs. The Trailer Type Approval system will help you to identify ADRs relevant to your specific trailers and provide a system to gather and store your evidence of compliance.
Our system includes the following:
- Tailored systems specifically for manufacturers/importers of light trailers,
- A detailed user guide and instructions to get you up and running fast,
- Uses standard document formats and templates – no complex software or ongoing costs,
- Helps you identify relevant ADRs for your specific trailer categories and models,
- Documents your adherance to ADRs and stores evidence of compliance,
- Provides a summary of the Type Approval for each of your trailer categories and models,
- Up to 2 hours on-line or on-site introduction & walk-through of the Type Approval system (on-site only available in the greater Brisbane area),
- Phone and email support.
- Suitable for “limited model range” production, or “one-off” special builds
The Type Approval summary document is an essential tool when you apply on ROVER for your trailer Type Approval.
Start working on your Type Approval system today
Don’t leave it too late. Complying with the RVSA Type Approval requirements can take time.
Reach out on the contact form below for further information and cost, and let us help you get your Type Approval up and running.